Since March 29 I have been attempting to remain focused on two things: diet and exercise. And since then I have lost more than 8 pounds. This is a real success for me but I could not do it alone. I've had occasional encouragement from many friends and a lot of my family. Thank you all!
Best of all, I am getting stronger. On March 29 I nearly passed out after doing 5 minutes on the stairstepper. Now I've worked my way up to 12 minutes on the stairstepper, 30 minutes on the bike and either 10 minutes on the rowing machine or treadmill. I am also doing strength training two days a week and I am getting significantly more powerful as I lift weights, work on the weight machines or do these horrible exercises called planks which all my fit friends seemed to know about and which I have just learned about.
I am encouraged. If you are reading this, and you face a challenge in your life, you should be encouraged too. If at 50 I can start shedding pounds and adhering to a new routine, anyone can!
No comments:
Post a Comment