This week I've been thinking about a young woman I recently met. She's my middle son's new girlfriend, and I am impressed with his good taste in women. She's just gotten a job at a Fort Wayne media outlet and her enthusiasm for journalism is infectious, while her outlook on life is optimistic and refreshing. One of things I like best about her is that she is unconsciously positive. She laughs easily and appreciates family. Her mom is her self-proclaimed "best friend." What's not to like about such a girl, a girl who peppers her conversations with the phrase "I've been lucky enough to..." ?
"Lucky enough." I've spent some time thinking about that phrase and how it pertains to the life I am living. I'm lucky enough to have a job, a home, three sons I am extraordinarily proud of, and a husband I love. I'm lucky enough to have good health and friends who love me, who hold me up when I need a hand, and who allow me to do the same for them. I'm lucky enough to had enough hardships in my life that I can see what good has come of them. Lucky enough to have faith in someone and something bigger than myself, lucky enough to believe in second chances and new beginnings.
I once heard a sermon in which the pastor explained he preferred to substitute the word "blessed" for lucky. I feel blessed today, blessed that I can agree with that observation, and consider the above paragraph through that perspective. I'm blessed. Thank God, blessed enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment